Improve flexibility, strength, and balance.
– Exercises recommended for rider fitness
- Fitness, Performance and the Female Equestrian
by Mary D. Midkiff
- The Rider’s Fitness Program
by Dianna Robin Dennis, John J. McCully, Paul M. Juris
- A Gymnastic Riding System using Mind, Body and Spirit
by Betsy Steiner with Jennifer O. Bryant
- Yoga for Equestrians: A New Path for Achieving Union with the Horse
- I have enjoyed the Namaste Yoga tv series.
I will begin with their basic warmup/cool down exercises. This style of yoga is called Hatha Vinyasa yoga that emphasizes a flowing style focusing on breathing through the movements. The show is very relaxing with soothing music and lovely background locations. The ladies are inspiring.Sample video of warmup:
by Linda Benedik and Veronica Wirth
Improve stamina and aerobic conditioning
- Walking on treadmill
- Horse chores